Hello Antarctic Science Community,
We look forward to seeing you at the upcoming Office of Polar Programs (OPP) Antarctic virtual Office Hours on Monday, April 19, 2021 from 4:00pm – 5:00pm Eastern time.
The Antarctic Sciences (ANT) and Antarctic Infrastructure and Logistics (AIL) Sections of the OPP will be hosting this virtual Office Hours to share information with the academic community regarding evolving plans for upcoming seasons, funding opportunities, and the USAP Sexual Assault / Harassment Prevention & Response (SAHPR) Program. The agenda will include:
- Jessie Crain will provide an update on planning for the 2021-2022 season.
- Mike Jackson, acting ANT Section Head, and ANT Program Directors will provide updates on science activities and NSF and OPP opportunities, including the Office of Polar Programs Postdoctoral Research Fellowship program.
- Mike Gencarelli will provide an overview of the USAP Sexual Assault / Harassment Prevention & Response (SAHPR) Program.
- A community question and answer period will conclude the Office Hours
These Office Hours sessions are designed to allow the community to ask questions, share concerns, and/or offer suggestions on how ANT/AIL can do more to address the impact of COVID-19 on researchers.
We invite your questions in advance. To submit questions, you can:
- Send questions directly to ANT Science Assistant, Jennifer Rhemann, at email@example.com, or
- Submit questions via the Q&A function during the Office Hours.
Current awardees, pending proposers, and future proposers are welcome to attend. To participate, you must register.
Monday, April 19, 2021 at 4PM Eastern Time
Register here: https://nsf.zoomgov.com/webinar/register/WN_PNKZNn03RFyi1Rgo0J0cog
Or an H.323/SIP room system:
H.323: 220.127.116.11 (US West) or 18.104.22.168 (US East)
Meeting ID: 160 927 8666
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
FAQ and slides from previous Office Hours are available at this location: https://www.nsf.gov/geo/opp/ant/virtualhours%20_qanda.jsp.
Periodic Office Hours sessions are planned for the future to keep the science community fully updated on USAP activities.
We look forward to seeing you soon!