The abstract deadline is coming up this Wednesday August 5. Please consider submitting an abstract to this AGU session.
Fall AGU Meeting, San Francisco, December 14-18, 2015: Call for Abstracts.
Session ID: 8005
Session Title. A101: Utility and quality of reanalyses in the polar regions
Reanalyses are key tools for investigating climate variability and change in the data sparse polar regions. Originally focused on the atmosphere only, some reanalyses now focus solely on the ocean or the land surface, while coupled atmosphere-ocean reanalyses are starting to be produced.
There are many challenges to producing reliable reanalyses in the polar regions. Contributions are solicited on the following:
- intercomparison of reanalyses, both global and regional;
- polar-specific challenges regarding observations, data assimilation, model physics, oceanic boundary conditions, especially sea ice;
- reanalysis for the Southern Ocean and Antarctica before the start of the satellite era;
- ensemble approaches for background error, reanalysis uncertainty, and compositing reanalyses;
- reliability of trends and climatologies.
Invited speakers are Richard Cullather, Tom Wagner (NASA HQ), and Julien Nicolas.
The abstract submission link is http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2015/abstract-submissions/.
Deadline is August 5, 2015. David Bromwich and James Renwick, conveners